HR-10B

Terry England W9cau at AOL.COM
Fri Sep 17 15:26:49 EDT 2004

Hello,i have a HR-10B that quit working. I found the .005 cap on V-6  between
pin 3 & 7 one end had come loose. I resoldered it and it started  working
great i thought. Then when i changed bands it quit again, than changed  bands
again and it started working again. I changed bands again an it still  worked. I
turned it off and went to bed turned on again in the morning and no  work
again. I checked the cap that was re soldered and it was ok, now is hisses  when
you turn on the BFO but just a hum when you go back with the BFO off. I  done
the checks in the manual with putting the screw driver on lug 7 of  V-6  than
touch screw driver with finger and should hear a low pitched hum  but no
change. Than i put the screw driver on lug 2 of V-6 as it instructs and  you should
hear a louder hum still nothing. Have not checked tube V-6 yet but  that would
be to simple if that was it.any one have any ideas? Thanks for  reading Terry
England w9cau