Wanted: Heath knobs & binding posts

G. Beat gregory.beat at COMCAST.NET
Wed Sep 22 22:00:48 EDT 2004

Dick -

One of my favorite places to look (when in Florida) is SkyCraft Surplus in
Florida
http://www.skycraftsurplus.com/index.asp?PAGEACTION=COMPANY

H.H. Smith (now part of Abbatron) binding posts were used on many pieces of
Heath test instraments and gear.  Insulated binding posts (choose the one
you are looking for - and color)
http://www.abbatron.com/products/part/get/ppj_ibn_stnd

Hosfelt carries a number of H.H. Smith parts surplus
http://www.hosfelt.com/en-us/dept_381.html

Greg, w9gb

BTW ... In December 2001, Abbatron LLC, (founded in 2001) purchased the
assets of HH Smith (originally founded in 1946), including the right to do
business as HH Smith and all proprietary drawings. This is VERY good news
for restorers of older tube radios and gear .. PLEASE SUPPORT these US mfg.
of NEW parts --- or future restoration work will be more about hunting for
parts and salvage.

Here is an example of some parts -- that are now being remanufactured per
the original H.H. Smith drawings:

Spring loaded binding posts
http://www.abbatron.com/products/part/get/ppj_ibn_sprl

Knob type binding posts (used on keys, model RR, etc.)
http://www.abbatron.com/products/part/get/ppj_ibn_knob