SB-220

peter A markavage pmarkavage at JUNO.COM
Thu Sep 23 14:03:57 EDT 2004

If you're going to be running a DX-100B or the Apache in the near future,
why bother trying to run the SB-220 on AM. Both rigs provide ample AM
signal presence. If you're running a current solid state transceiver on
AM, the use of an SB-220 or SB-200 does provide the additional shoes you
need for AM. Trying to use a DX-100B or Apache to drive an SB-220
requires resistive pads to drop the drive to useful levels, or rewiring
the final plate and screen voltages to run off the low voltage supply.
Adjust of the front panel drive control won't work to lower the drive
requirements to the linear.

Pete, wa2cwa