Company required to provide schematics .....

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Mon Sep 27 21:20:21 EDT 2004

It is "hidden" in one of the many consumer protection
and anti-trust laws that have been passed by Congress
over the past several decades.  Frankly, it would
probably take either someone who was already familar
with this particular legislation or else many hours of
searching through lawbooks, the Federal Register, etc.

Back in 1966 when I worked directly for Motorola all
of these things were "pointed out" in the lawsuit that
was aimed at getting them to provide service
information, parts at the same cost, etc.  Of course
Motorola "settled out of court" by starting to provide
all of this.  General Electric and the other companies
soon followed suit.

However, that was almost 40 years ago and I don't have
any idea as to where those requirements were.

I do know that requirement was why many of the
importers started putting in the very small schematics
inside of their equipment.

Glen, K9STH

--- John Darwin Powers <jdp3 at CORNELL.EDU> wrote:

What is the law that requires companies to provide
schematics for their products?  Does anyone know?

=====
Glen, K9STH

Web sites

http://home.comcast.net/~k9sth