SB-401

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Thu Sep 30 17:08:27 EDT 2004

Several possibilities including the band switch may
need cleaning and the heterodyne oscillator may need
alignment on those bands.  A lesser possibility, but
still certainly possible is that the driver tube has
pretty much "given up the ghost".  I have seen tubes
get where they will make one, two, or three bands yet
will not work much, if at all, on higher bands.

The chances of the final amplifier tubes both going
bad on the higher frequencies is also a VERY SLIGHT
possibility.  But, both tubes going at the same time
is very remote.  Therefore, the driver is more
suspect.

There is also a chance that some other tube just is
not functioning at the higher frequencies but the
driver is the most suspect of any of the tubes.
Beyond that you are going to have to do some trouble
shooting.

Glen, K9STH

--- Ray Friess <rayfri at highstream.net> wrote:

Maybe you can help me with the problem with MY sb 401.
   I have output on 80 and 40, but nothing on 20
through 10.  I thought I remembered that being
discussed on the list last year sometime, but can't
find any reference to it now...

=====
Glen, K9STH

Web sites