Buying 3-500s

Dave Leisman wb8baf at VOYAGER.NET
Thu Apr 21 15:05:24 EDT 2005

I need some advice in the purchase of new 3-500 for my amplifier.  It's
not an SB-220 but it's very similar and I'm sure guys with SB-220's
will have the same question.

How do I select a pari of 3-500's for the ol' girl when there are so
many makes to choose from?  I know that Eimac is the standard, no
question, but there are lots of Chineese tubes, and Russian tubes, and
quite honestly I know there are lots of variation even within those.
So how do I pick a good reliable pair without throwing away my money?

Also, what does it mean to buy a "matched pair"?

I don't mean to sound stupid here but I am relatively new to purchasing
the high end power tubes.  Any help would be appreciated.

Dave, W8QW

--
CoreComm Webmail.
http://home.core.com