Heathkit FCC ID #

Earl Morse n5tu at WT.NET
Wed Aug 3 15:29:13 EDT 2005

Sorry for the delay, I haven't checked my digests in a month.  I copied the
list too since someone might also find this interesting, maybe.

Check this link:

https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/cf/eas/reports/GenericSearch.cfm

I found BJ4 as DESA in Bowling Green, KY who took over the last of the Heath
lines.

I found IFO  (not zero)as Packard Bell who was running Zenith Data Systems at
the time of their demise.

Their are 216 grants attributed to BJ4 and 79 grants attributed to IFO.

When the companies were transferred the new holder took over all the grants so
you are not going to be able to find a grant in the HEATH or ZENITH DATA
SYSTEMS.

However I did find some old EDI listings for Heath but do not know what
products these were for.  The breakdown of most of the numbers was like this:

GGGMMM-###XXX##

where

GGG = grantee code  BJ4, IFO, EDI
MMM = manufacturer code 86E = Heath, Hilltop Road Plant
##### = internal project billing number usually split in half
XXX = code denoting type of equipment  MON= monitor, CPP = printer/peripheral,
CPU = computer, MDM = modem

Hope this helps.  It was fun to go over the listings and remember all the
stuff I worked on there.

Earl
N8SS