More basement cleaning - original copy of (Heathkit) CommSoft RTTY-89 and CW89

Bob And Bettina Groh rgroh at SWBELL.NET
Thu Aug 11 14:24:47 EDT 2005

This is sort of a cross-cultural offering - ham radio and computers -
both involving Heathkit.

 Way back in the dim ages (circa 1980), Howard Nurse, W6LLO (the son of
Dave Nurse who was President of Heathkit at that time), developed ham
related software packages for the H-89 (and H-8)  and it's ilk. They ran
on HDOS and allowed sending and receiving CW (CW89) and RTTY using your
computer and your ham radio receiver/transmitter.  I found one of these
packages in my bookcase - it has the CommSoft binder, the manuals and
the software on disk (hard sectored, I think).

An interesting package. If anyone is interested, please drop me an
email.  The cost will be $15 for everything and I'll cover shipping
costs (at least to US locations).

73
Bob Groh, WA2CKY