Input vs. Output

Tom Buchanan tlbuch at SCRTC.COM
Sat Dec 10 11:36:40 EST 2005

Thanks for all the responses on input vs. output.  Your responses have
provided a wealth of knowledge.   Not real familiar with tube type rigs, but
trying to learn.   I like to build and tinker, but its been mostly with
solid state equipment.  Wish I had known about amateur radio 20 years ago or
Heath had continued on making kits because it would have been great putting
some together.

My goal is to assemble a vintage Heathkit station and use it.  Perhaps a SB
or HW CW/SSB will be there one day.  The HW-16 is working good except
occasionally it drifts off frequency.  I have the HG-10 VFO with it and
three 40m crystals.  I swapped the driver tube with the oscillator tube
(same type) and seems to have cured that problem so I have ordered some NOS
driver/oscillator tubes.  I really need to think about getting a tube
checker too because the Simpson Model 305 I have just doesn't check most of
the tubes in the Heathkits.

Thanks again.

Tom
KG4KGY