Input vs. Output

Domenic M. Mallozzi DMallozzi at AOL.COM
Sat Dec 10 15:03:00 EST 2005

Hi

A warning efficency also may vary by band. If memory is correct on the two
HW16's I own the output power on 15 M is under 30 watts (at 90 watts input).
W7EKB had a mod to change the pi-network by spreading the turns on the tank
coil  to improve things(I mention it for info I have never tried it, so perform
the mod with care).

This is not unusual in radios which have a single tapped output tank coil.
This often results in a less them optimum L/C ration on one ore more  bands.

73's

Dom
N1DM