SB-104 Final Board Trouble

Doug Hancock fluxistor at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Dec 17 23:12:54 EST 2005

Hello to all. Im new to this list, so I hope there are some people here who
can help me.

I have a Heathkit SB 104, and am having trouble with the final amp board. I
only get 50 watts out.

The transistors all test good according to Heaths instructions, but for some
reason, one stack of toroids on the output side is getting hot. Also, the
equalizing resistor on the output side ( r959) gets hot and smokes after a
few seconds keying. I think something is shorting out on one side of the amp
and causing a major imbalance, but I cant figure out what it is. Any help
would be appreciated. Thanks.

Doug. N0WVA