Mineral Oil

WD Milner heath at CAISTEAL.NET
Thu Dec 22 11:45:06 EST 2005

At 2005-12-20 Tuesday 21:18 -0500, you wrote:

>Transformer oil (the old stuff anyway) was laced with PCBs. I am not sure
>about the newer replacement oil in use today.

Transformer oil, in Canada and the US anyway, has not contained PCB's since
the mid 1970's when it's use was prohibited so any tranformer oil you ar
elikely to get today (unless your raiding an old junkyard) will be PCB
free. Other countries might be a different story.

I have transformer oil in my cantenna simply because it was readily
avialable (a number og local hams have worked for the power company).

If you get some extra it makes a great penetrating oil for removing
stubborn nuts and bolts *grin*.

73, Dean
VE1CBF