DX60 - The Plot Thickens

Brian Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Fri Dec 30 19:21:54 EST 2005

Exactly Bob. The relay coil gets its voltage from the rear octal
accessory jack.
The contacts go across the place where the HV gets turned on by
the function switch contacts.
It seems to work out fine, but there are other problems here.
The first contact I made on 7040 kc. was with K5PSH, using his
Drake 2NT and 2B station from Bryan, Texas.
He gave me a QSD report. My dits are almost dropping out.
Something is wrong with the keying circuits - it should
be easy to fix. They use grid-block keying and that is one
of my favorite circuits... time to drag out the VOM again
and poke around in there some more! I will report back.