GB> Re: DX-60 oscillator circuit

Brian Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Sat Dec 31 22:24:39 EST 2005

On 31 Dec 2005 at 15:13, Kenneth G. Gordon wrote:

> > I have just removed the erroneous "33 ohm resistor" (actually 37
> > ohms) that was in the place of the 33,000 ohm resistor at R26
>
> Yow! That is one heck of a difference. Isn't R-26 in the cathode of one
> of the audio tubes? If so, according to my schematic that should be
> 3.3K, not 33K.

OK that wrong resistor has been replaced with a combination
procuding about 31.5K = close enough for a 33K.

I also found that the 6DE7 tube was DEAD. Not surprising after
forcing so much current through it. I have another tube in there
now, and guess what?
It sounds great - even with an AMPLIFIED D104, hi hi!

See you all on CW or AM soon!

73 - Bry, AF4K