Sb-620

Stu Lyon w6cux at EARTHLINK.NET
Wed Feb 9 12:28:14 EST 2005

Look on BAMA at this site:
http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/heath/sb620/

There you will find the manual, schematic and a complete coil description.
The best way to tell what IF it is set for is just to find out what it was
connected to.

The SB-620 is essentially a very narrow bandwidth receiver that is tuned by
a sweep generator +/- 50KHz of the station's RX IF. The 350KHz crystals are
the bandpass filters -- as the schematic will show. The coils themselves are
made of unobtainuim which they stopped producing about 30 years ago. Finding
a spare set is not going to be easy.

I have a SB-620 and find it an interesting gadget but not very useful.

73, Stu W6CUX
Winnetka, CA
w6cux at earthlink.net

----- Original Message -----
From: "sb200" <sb200 at OPTONLINE.NET>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 6:57 AM
Subject: [HEATH-TEMPE] Sb-620

> I need help again.  I need to know how can I tell what the I.F is on a
SB-620.  The seller does not know and has no way of testing it.  All that he
could tell me is that it powers up, it's clean, no mods have been done as
far as he could see and that he has never used it.

> He told me that there are 2 crystals in it 350.0000 and 349.8500 Kc what
are these?   Is there a was of telling without hooking it up?  He is going
to send me pictures of this unit If you think you can tell by looking at it
let me know and I'll send you a picture.

> If it is set up for a different I.F does anyone have the proper coil to
sell to me?  I'll also be looking for a clean manual.  Please help me out
with this there are a lot of people on this list with the know how that I
don't have.