SB 200

Walt w3fnz wsmk at PTD.NET
Sun Feb 13 18:20:17 EST 2005

Hello All,
I would greatly appreciate any help with a problem I'm having
with my SB-200 Amp.
I have good HV, 2500v,  When I tune up on 20m I start the exiter at about 45W into the amp the plate current reads about 325ma but the grid reads way out at 600ma. the output at my Drake W-4 is about 400W.  When I parallel another meter across the grid resistor the meter on the amp reads 250ma and the external meter reads about 100ma.
Plate stays the same. All the grid components are good.
The tubes look OK, there is no stress.  Can the tubes be bad?  Sure looks like a bad component in the grid ckt, but everything checked out.  Loaded up with the antenna and the dummy load.  No difference.  Any Ideas?
Walt,  w3fnz