station for sale

Ray Friess rayfri at HIGHSTREAM.NET
Sat Feb 26 16:04:51 EST 2005

OK folks...   I'm estate selling a Heathkit station.  I thought I would
try the lists first before
auctioning them at the E.    I'd rather they go to someone who will give
them a good
home and put them to use, and I know this is the place to look before
declaring them "orphans"
and going "there"....

It is an SB 104 station with the SB 604 power supply/speaker AND the SB
230 amplifier....
AND all the manuals.  The units were sitting on the shelf for three
years since the owner became
a SK.  I'm still in the process of wiping off the cabinets and blowing
the dust out of the nooks and
crannies ... but they appear to be in very good condition.   Only minor
wear and tear .... no obvious
smoking has taken place.   Powering up wise, I have only powered up the
transceiver so far and
everything was fine .... so I know the transceiver and power
supply/speaker are fine.

I want to take a few more minutes with the amp .... (I'm sure you can
understand about not
just throwing the switch on a 1200 watt amp and watching to see what
happens).....  but
construction wise it appears in excellent condition.  It was assembled
by someone who knew
what he was doing ... as was the transceiver and power supply.  I have
seen nothing that arouses
suspicions about powering up....

It would be desirable to sell these as a package ... but if no one wants
the whole package, I will
break it up into two packages ...the transceiver/power supply/speaker
and the amplifier....
In case youre wondering why I'm not snatching them up...  I already have
an SB 104 that I am
mating to an SB 200 .. otherwise, I probably would.  The conditions of
the units are such that
I, myself, wouldnt have any qualms about taking them.

If interested, email me.  I dont want to put prices on them  yet, as
they are still in the checkout state,
and I am looking to guage interest while I check them out fully ....  I
anticipate they will be ready for shipping in about a week.  (Partly
because I am going to be out of town for a few days for work, but
I'll have email capability while gone)
      I guess we could say ... preliminarily ... that everyone probably
already knows ball park figures for these units in operating and good
shape...   especially the amplifier ... and for those interested, we can
start there in bandying about final offers/desires....

Ray  WA7ITZ