HG-10B questions

Garey Barrell k4oah at MINDSPRING.COM
Mon Feb 28 15:19:10 EST 2005

Tom -

Um, Pin 6?   Pin 6 is an "IC" (internal connection) pin and shouldn't
have anything connected to it.   Apparently Pin 7 is the only one of the
2, 4 or 7 that was wired.  Those three pins are tied together inside the
tube and any one of them should work.   Pins 1 and 5 are also connected
inside the tube, and usually the HV is brought to one and the regulated
voltage is taken from the other so that if the tube is unplugged the
rest of the circuit doesn't see the full HV.

Sounds like the builder was used to octal sockets and thought that Pin 7
was one pin from the "other" end!  :-)

73, Garey - K4OAH
Atlanta

Drake C-Line Service Manual