AT-1 Meter

Tom Bridgers Tarheel6 at MSN.COM
Sun Jan 9 11:34:14 EST 2005

Bob and fellow list members,
I picked up a 3 ma Emico AT-1 look-alike meter at the First Fest in
Winston-Salem yesterday.  I also needed a replacement AT-1 meter, so this
was as close as I could find.  Now I know I can make a scale close to what
is required for the AT-1 meter, but what do I do about the different full
scale difference of 3 ma versus,  the 1 ma (I think) movement the AT-1 meter
required originally?
thanks,
-tom

----- Original Message -----
From: "BobR" <brainbol at SUNFLOWER.COM>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2005 7:20 PM
Subject: Re: [HEATH-TEMPE] AT-1 Meter

Bob,
You might try repairing the original if good physical condx.
May be lucky enough that the open is not too far down the winding.
Mine was in lower part so had to rewind with new wire, or at the
time thought that was only fix.  Hindsight tells me it could
probably have been spliced and reused.
Unwinding and rewinding is a bit of a chore but is do-able.

73, Bob/WBØAUQ