HW-10 Shawnee

Scott Cowling scotty at TONKS.COM
Wed Jan 19 13:13:22 EST 2005

Hi Tom,

I have a copy of the manual that I can copy for you if you like. It is 140
pages, so give me a few days. :-)

Meanwhile, here is the AC plug wiring:

AC power goes to pins 11 and 15
short pins 1 and 5 with a jumper wire
short pins 7 to 8 to 9 with jumper wires

That should get you on the air.

Here are my quick pin descriptions:
Pin 1 - to tube filaments (point "X")
Pin 2 - to vibrator pin 4
Pin 3 - chassis ground
Pin 4 - to power transformer filament winding  (DC power) (same as pin 7)
Pin 5 - to power transformer filament winding (AC power)
Pin 6 - chassis ground
Pin 7 - to power transformer filament winding  (AC and DC power) (same as
pin 4)
Pin 8 - to tube filaments (point "Y)
Pin 9 - chassis ground
Pin 10 - to power transformer primary; used for vibrator operation  (same
as pin 13)
Pin 11 - AC input (to power transformer primary)
Pin 12 - to vibrator pin 3
Pin 13 - to power transformer primary; used for vibrator operation (same as
pin 10)
Pin 14 - power switch N.O. contacts (grounded when power switch is on)
Pin 15 - AC input (to power switch)

You really need the schematic to see how the plug is wired for each case.
You can power it on 6VDC, 12VDC or 120VAC just by re-wiring the power plug.
Amazing ingenuity, those hams at Heath. :-)

73,
Scotty WA2DFI