Heath AR 2 and Heath AR 3

Hank Kryger hankr at CENTURYTEL.NET
Fri Jul 1 10:53:09 EDT 2005

Hi John

The AR-3 was sold from 1956 thru 1961.  The AR3 uses five tubes while
the AR 1 and 2 used six tubes.  The 12BA6 BFO was removed and the AR 3
circuit redesigned  so that the 12AV6 (2nd detector AVC) could also act
as the BFO.  Info ref:  " Heathkit"  by Chuck Penson,  available from
Electric Radio, Bailey CO  Phone: 720 924-0171.  Highly recommend this
book if you are interested in the amateur radio history of Heathkits.

Have a nice day Hank WA9QJH