Heath AR 1-3 And More

Garey Barrell k4oah at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Jul 1 15:08:07 EDT 2005

The AR-3 also had a vernier (4:1 ?) on the bandspread knob which made
the receiver almost useable!

My AR-3 in 1957 gave up it's power transformer, rectifier tube and
filter cap to power a BC-454.

MUCH better receiver, even though it was only 80M.   Addition of my
clock (AC/DC) radio tuned to 1415 kc as a "tuneable IF", (passband
tuning!) and a BC-453 as a THIRD IF at 85 kc made a pretty powerful
receiver.   Addition of the QF-1 Q Multiplier to the clock radio (AC/DC
remember) was an interesting experiment costing several house fuses
before all the wires got the right way around, adding a regenerative IF
and notch filter.

73, Garey - K4OAH
Atlanta

Drake C-Line Service Manual