HW-101

Terry England W9cau at AOL.COM
Wed Jul 6 20:10:39 EDT 2005

Hello I have a HW-101 that I changed the modulator board out because it had
so many wire jumpers from trace to trace etc that it finally quit. It had
jumpers from the trace to the carrier null pot also. Well after changing it out
all the signals sound like dounald duck just like listening to ssb on an AM
receiver. Some you can tune in to understand but a lot you can't. The AF gain
has to be turned all the way up also the audio is low. It has good output on
transmit still and the carrier null is ok. I have changed out the 1st and 2nd
mixer tubes product detector and the 1st and 2nd trans mixer and the VFO tube
a  little better but not good by any means still. Any ideas? Thank you  w9cau