FCC ID #

WD Milner heath at CAISTEAL.NET
Mon Jul 25 11:32:53 EDT 2005

At 2005-07-24 Sunday 17:39 -0700, you wrote:
>on any electronic item made, that has frequeny in it
>from 1khz to 1000 ghz must be FCC approved all radios
>computer boards etc. on the board is a tag with FCC ID
># followed by product # model # the first 3 are a
>companies personal # so if i go to WWW.FCC.GOV and
>type it into id # a list comes up as disribed on arrl
>website then i can get all info summited to fcc for
>item, pictures, schematics, manuals, photos and
>results of fcc tests on item. i see tag everywhere on
>everything electronic but NOT on any heathkit ??? the
>FCC must have documents on everything heathkit made
>but with out the id # i can not get it. DOES ANYONE
>KNOW THIER 3 LETTER CODE

As far as I know, this applies only to manufactured devices that are on the
list for which the FCC requires test certification and type acceptance. As
Heathkits were simple a collection of parts that were subsequently
assembled by the end user, they in all likelihood were not required, being
in the same general category as 'homebrew'. Similarly, if I assemble my
computer from individual components the resulting system will not have an
FCC (or DOC) number or type classification either.

For some of the items that were sold assembled such numbers do exist and
there is a listing for "Heath Co. BJ4"

73, Dean
VE1CBF