re 6146 tubes

Murray Grandy mgrandy at TELUS.NET
Wed Jul 27 11:20:15 EDT 2005

Looking at the recent post re 6146 tubes, I have a question or two. I have a pair of GE's that are marked 6146A on one side and 6146B on the opposite side. The 6146A looks like it was put there when the tube was made, but the 6146B looks more like it was put on by a rubber stamp kinda situation. Also have some other 6146's with letters like "UDA" "TDA" "BDB" "LDA" etc. Using the letter, number thing, A=1 etc these letter groups turn out to be "UDA=21 4 1. I have a E.F. Johnson that has "NDA" printed under the 6146. What does all that mean. Can I use the 6146A/B's as 6146/6146A.