Is there an HW9 medic in the house?

john johnmb at NC.RR.COM
Sun Jul 31 15:08:23 EDT 2005

I'm still struggling my way though an HW9 that has two issues.

The first is a complete lack of power on 12m, which is not the primary issue.

The second is a lack of power on all bands. I've gone through the alignment
process several times, but power varies from 2-3 w on the low bands, down
to half a watt on 10M.  I've disconnected the diode suggested in some
references, in relation to low output on all bands, with no improvement.

Any HW9 mechanics out there that can suggest where to go from here?

73
John K5MO