FS: SB401 Xmtr

Allen Jones w9dz at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jun 1 16:52:01 EDT 2005

I have for sale a very clean SB-401 transmitter with
original manual and power cord.  In my opinion it is
of collector quality.  The cabinet is very nice with
the only marks being on the sides under the rolled
edge and not noticeable in normal use. I originally
bought it from a member of this list who lives near
Indianapolis and is a former Heath employee. He was
nice enough to sell it to me out of his collection.
This was going to be a project for my early
retirement.  With the cost of health insurance as high
as it is, I have decided to remain in the workforce a
few more years.

I have not powered it up but I was told it is
operational but that power output was not up to spec.
The former owner thought it might need a new set of
finals and maybe a new driver tube and alignment. The
main tuning pinch drive slips and will also need
adjustment. This unit does not have a crystal pack and
would have to be teamed up with the SB-300, 301 or 303
receiver.  The shipping weight is 43 lbs.  I am asking
$125 which is what I paid for it.  Shipping would be
extra from Zip 46360.

If you want to see photos I can email you a zip file
with views of all sides plus the interior.  I thought
I would post this here before going to QTH.COM or
eBay.

Thanks

Allen, W9DZ

Discover Yahoo!