W0DZ's New Sienna Transceiver Kit?

TChesek@Epix.Net tchesek at EPIX.NET
Mon Jun 6 11:26:26 EDT 2005

Bob and Bettina & group,

As many of us are aware there is a crystal radio kit offered on eBay on a
regular basis called the Elmer Radio which you can see at www.elmerdude.com
which sells for around $26. There is another person who periodically offers
a already built "copy" of the CR-1. I don't know how much room there is in
the marketplace for more of the same. Just as you long for the old kit days
I do too but I would be curious as to the costs involved to make a kit
product available such as the Sienna, plus provide support too. I suspect
his prices reflect what it will cost to make these kits in small quantities
as opposed to mass producing of items such as VCR's, TV's, etc. and having
an industry infrastructure to market the product. I give him kudos for his
effort, but sadly like many, I do not foresee having the money necessary to
purchase a kit of this cost. Hopefully  there is an adequate base of
prospective clients who can afford this radio which will allow the company
to grow and offer the smaller kits and accessories for the rest of us. Good
luck to DZKIT.

73,
Tom Chesek k3tvc