Harbach Six-Position Bandswitch for SB-220

Richard A. (Tony) Stalls bc342n at EARTHLINK.NET
Sun Jun 12 11:54:36 EDT 2005

I'm in the process of attempting to restore and upgrade my now critically
ill SB-220 amplifier to as close to "mint" (sic) condition as possible.  I
intend installing all the Harbach upgrades at this point, that is unless
someone convinces me otherwise, but their six-position band switch wafer
has me stumped.  I asked Harbach's and their response was only that
(quoting) "the information is available out on the web
somewhere."  (What?!!!)  I'm guessing it's to add 160 meters, but someone
told me they thought it's for adding 6 meters and another said it was for
10 meters, although the SB-220 already has that, so that's not it.

If anybody here knows about this modification, I'd appreciate your sharing
the information and/or where that place "on the web somewhere" is.  Thanks
in advance, with apologies for the redundancy if this is one of those
things that everybody here but me already knows.

73,
Tony
K4KYO