Info......Cube-Shaped Rig With Flip-Down Foot..................

Herman N4Ch N4ch at AOL.COM
Sun Jun 19 18:57:05 EDT 2005

To Whomever Asked....................

I for some reason did not get the original query regarding who made the small
transceiver that was cube-shaped and had a flip-down front foot, but I think
the rig in question is the "QRP Plus" which was sold by Index Labs for several
years, beginning  around 1994-5 or so.   The rig was black, with a few push
buttons, a couple of small toggle switches, a small on-off/volume knob, and a
large VFO knob.   It was in a solid black cabinet, with a top-firing speaker.
This was a QRP (about 5 watts out) rig (both SSB and CW), and one of the
first rigs to have a SCAF variable filter built in.   It had general coverage
receive, and would transmit on all ham bands 160-10 meters.   It also has a large
LCD display and a built-in keyer.   I believe the SGC 2020 series is similar
in many ways electrically, but it runs a bit more power.

73,
Herman, N4CH.