DX-100

Chris n8yhy at SBCGLOBAL.NET
Wed Jun 22 18:55:25 EDT 2005

Hello ALL

I need some help, I just purchased a DX-100 and I replaced both the High Voltage & Low Voltage Rectifier Tubes and also replaced both the 1625 modulator tubes and got it on the air and it was working great, It had very good forward Modulation.. Just toward the end of my QSO I was having on 75M the audio dropped and it started having Backward Modulation..I went back thru and tested the tubes which were good, I did find a 27K resistor on the 5763 Tube on Pin 8 of the socket that had changed value which I replaced, But this did not help the problem I still have backwards modulation no matter how I load or tube it...Any ideals?? Thanks Chris