Model 4080 Digital Memory Oscilloscope

Don don at D8APRO.COM
Fri Jun 24 11:10:59 EDT 2005

Randy, Et al.

You have this confused with the ID-4802 scope.  The ID-4802 did NOT have the
front panel controls and must be used with a PC to display the traces.  It
also did NOT have low res scope outputs.

The ID-4850 later added front panel controls and a scope output so it could
be used with a low resolution scope for the display or used with the PC
screen.

They both WILL attach to a PC for display on the computer screen.  The
software is the same for both units.

Check your old Heathkit catalogs, or look in the manual.

Don

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List [mailto:HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV]
On Behalf Of Randy Kaeding
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2005 5:17 AM
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: Re: [HEATH-TEMPE] Model 4080 Digital Memory Oscilloscope

Walter and all:

It IS actually a scope. You connect it to a computer and the computer's
monitor becomes the "graticule." It does NOT connect to an analog scope.

Because it's connected to a computer, you can store images just like any
other images on a computer.

I think it came with special software to interface the DMO with the
computer.

Randy, K8TMK
"One of the Hams (still) at Heathkit"