SA 206A Capacitor

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Sun Jun 26 12:33:41 EDT 2005

Does the capacitor have an adjusting screw at the back
end or a nut that serves the same purpose?  I ran into
a similar situation with some "high end" variable
capacitors and had to adjust the tension.

On those that do not have any adjustment means I have
had to put a washer or other type of "shim" on one
side of the front mounting.  This makes the shaft come
out at a slight angle to the front panel.  However,
the friction between the panel and the shaft sometimes
keeps the plates from rotating.

Probably the easiest way to correct the problem is
that you can put several layers of felt (cloth
material) between the panel and the knob.  When you
replace the knob push it back on the felt.  The
friction between the knob and the felt will keep the
knob from rotating due to the weight of the plates.
Since the knob is spaced away from the panel there is
no danger of marring the panel by turning the knob.

Glen, K9STH

--- Jerry_Rego <Jerry_Rego at COMCAST.NET> wrote:

I have an SA 2060 A and the capacitors slip out of
position.  I.e. if you set them at the 12 O'clock
position they will slip down.  The capacitors shafts
just slip from that position.  I have to "shim" the
capacitor with a piece of cardboard in order to
maintain the friction needed to hold the setting of
the capacitor's position.

Glen, K9STH

Web sites

http://home.comcast.net/~k9sth