AR-3

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon at MOSCOW.COM
Thu Jun 30 00:42:19 EDT 2005

I had an AR-3 once. It was my first ham receiver. Never could get the
BFO to work. Now, nearly 50 years later, I figure out why: the BFO is
part of the audio stage. It is hooked up in a "reflex" connection where
ONE tube amplifies the audio AND oscillates as the BFO, but ONLY
when the AF volume is all the way up.

Hmmm...think I should have had an AR-2 instead. At least THAT has a
separate BFO tube.

Shucks...

Ken W7EKB