Clock Motor for Heath SB-630

Charles W. Morehouse w4gbw at BELLSOUTH.NET
Mon Mar 7 13:21:01 EST 2005

Hi Steve,
They are no longer made and chances are you won't find one.  In
restoring my SB-630, had the same problem so found a similar motor with
a good winding but different gear train. An appliance parts store with
lots of junk is a good place to start. Drilled out the spot welds and
took the motor apart.  Put the new windings in the old motor.  Drilled
and tapped using 4-40 hardware to put it back together.  Also had to
make some new bushings using brass rod.  A little epoxy was used to seal
the gear case.  Works fine.  Even considered a replacement LED clock but
wanted to keep it original.  Luck and 73.
Wayne;
W4GBW