sb 104 help needed

Ray Friess rayfri at HIGHSTREAM.NET
Fri Mar 18 16:30:39 EST 2005

SB 104 experts.....  I have an interesting puzzle...

I recently obtained the remote vfo for my 104 to go with my 104.  I took
the jumper off the
back of the 104 and plugged in the vfo, but upon firing it up, the
display reads in the 16 mhz
range and doesnt change with tuning the vfo.   It is the same thing you
get if you just remove
the vfo jumper on the back of the 104.

I plugged the vfo into ANOTHER 104 and it works perfectly.
I thought maybe a bad board .... but rejected that because if it was a
bad vfo, vfo buffer or
another board, then my 104 wouldnt work by itself.... but it does...

Just out of curiousity, I swapped various boards between the two 104
rigs .... the vfo buffer board,
the receiver front end board and a few others....   no change.    For
some puzzling reason the remote
vfo wont work with my 104, my 104 works normally alone, and the other
104 works fine with or
without the remote vfo...

Any suggestions??

Ray wa7itz