SB-610 more info

sb200 sb200 at OPTONLINE.NET
Thu Mar 24 10:09:18 EST 2005

The receiver that I'm using is the SB-301.  I changed the Attn switch on the rear of the unit so the transmitted envelope patterns are fine.   Still need advice with the receive though.  Thanks for the help.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: AWSRET at aol.com
  To: sb200 at optonline.net
  Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 9:21 AM
  Subject: Re: SB-610

  Hi Chris, this is Al W8KIZ.  I have a 610 that I used to use in the receive mode with a SB303.  You didn't say what receiver you are using.  If it is the tube type, perhapps you should see where it is connected in the IF cercuit.  Check with your manual.  I coupled mine in the output of the transistor.  I had plenty of deflection.  I am sure you know the transmit is thru a different circuit.  There is a atten sw on the back of the unit for transmit.  You can get some feedback in the receiver with the gain turned up too high.  This is normal.  Good luck
  Al W8KIZ