LED for ID-4001

G. Beat gregory.beat at COMCAST.NET
Tue Mar 29 11:34:24 EST 2005

George -

Most likely this is a T-1 3/4 LED (smaller standrd size is T-1)

Since this kit was made, there have been substantial developments is LED technology -- espcially with color and special effects.  Today you can get many colors, "bi-color" and "blinking LEDs.  The Mouser catalog has thousands of choices.

http://www.mouser.com/catalog/621/43.pdf

My suggestion is to determine the size of the LED (specifcations are on Mouser catalog web pages) .. and what the voltage (and/or droping resistor that is currently in this circuit).

Radio Shack use to have common LEDs in a couple of colors.  Fry's Electorncis has an entire section just for LEDs.  Your local electronics parts distributor (e.g. Ack Eelctronics in Atlanta; TriState Electronic in Chicago suburbs, etc.) should have a showroom with samples on display

Greg