3-500 tube Thanks

Dave Leisman wb8baf at VOYAGER.NET
Mon May 9 09:00:25 EDT 2005

To everyone who took time to pass along information regarding break-in
of 3-500 tubes I want to say "thanks", that all the information waas
very much appreciated.

The advice I received ranged from "a couple hours" filament break-in
time to 24 hours.  One persone even stated I could "plug and play",
all absent any high voltage on the plates, and any exciter power.

Several noted that while they had heard tubes needed a filament break-
in they had never heard of incrementally ramping up the exciter power
while three (3) stated very emphatically that the tubes should be
ramped up slowly (but they did state that 10 watts at a time was too
conservative).

One ham provided a very detailed explanation of the process, a process
called "egtering".  Not only was this interesting but very helpful as
well.  Thanks.
Again, my thanks to all who took time to provide comments and
assistance.

--
CoreComm Webmail.
http://home.core.com