SB-102

Terry England W9cau at AOL.COM
Wed May 18 00:17:51 EDT 2005

I have very nice SB-102 that we just got through having to work on and  while
we were working on it doing an alignment after changing out I F can T102
because while doing the alignment when turning the slug the coil form broke
loose in the mount for the coil and turned and broke the 4 wire connections on
the I F can. When we started to finish the alignment the receive and transmit
just dropped out completely. And by chance I tapped the top of the LMO with my
finger and it all came back to life. It has been fine ever since after we
finished with the alignment. Any ideas what may have happened? I also think we
have 2 xtal's on the xtal board that are slightly off freq. the 40m and 28.5.
Where is a good place to get xtals for the rig besides a used xtal from a
parts rig? The 102 has plenty of grid drive on those bands and the plate is ok
but the output is down from the other bands not much but enough you can see it
 only do abt 80w on 40m and 65w on 28.5 28 and 29 both have 95w out. Any help
 will be great. w9cau Terry