HW101 Case Paint

digital-conjurers at ADELPHIA.NET digital-conjurers at ADELPHIA.NET
Wed May 25 13:51:28 EDT 2005

>Hello
>
>Seems I deleted the email that had the mix and supplier of the light green HW101 case paint. If anyone has this info could they re send it to the list or to me.
>
>Thanks KD4JZY

If you can't find it, you might also consider the alternative of  taking the cabinet down to an Ace hardware store, buying a Preval spray paint gun, getting them to scan the cabinet, match and mix up the paint; the brand is "X-O Rust-Resistant Enamel".  Did this with my TX-1 and RX-1 cabinets, and the results were pretty good.  I spent $15-$20 on the whole shebang, and had a lot of paint left over.  (Practice on an old sheet of metal first is recommended....and thin with Xylol...NOT paint thinner!)

Now, this is OK when you have glossy paint...for textures, the scenario gets a bit more complicated.  I honestly can't remember if the HW-101 was glossy, satin, or textured.

-Lin/KJ6EF