AR-3 control plate photocopy?

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Mon May 30 17:05:34 EDT 2005

The AR-3 came with both a small black knob without the
pointer (like the rest of the knobs had on them) and a
clear plastic disc mounted with a larger coupling for
the bandspread.  The disc attached to the outer
portion of the bandspread variable capacitor and the
knob attached to a "slip" arrangement that was located
inside the larger shaft.

I had a pretty early model back in 1957 that had this
arrangement and I have since owned two more AR-3
receivers (still have one) that have the disc for the
bandspread dial.

Glen, K9STH

--- W3GERry <MrsScience at HOTPOP.COM> wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Krassa" <bob at KRASSA.COM>

... I am also looking for the plastic pointer for the
bandspread knob for this receiver, which I believe was
a round plastic disc with a radial line, on a bushing
for attachment to the shaft?

If my memory serves, my AR-3 came with just a black
plastic knob about 0.5" in diameter with a  molded-in
pointer that protruded about 1/16".

Glen, K9STH

Web sites

http://home.comcast.net/~k9sth