Heathkit HW-100 or SB-100

Stu Lyon w6cux at EARTHLINK.NET
Tue Nov 1 16:21:05 EST 2005

I would think a better approach would be to convert a single-bander,
such as the HW-12A, to 160 rather than have to worry about getting the
band switching of a -100  right. I'm not sure but I think the IF and VFO
frequencies of the single-banders are the same as the -100 series. By
getting the "A" version the power supply cable from HP-23 cable would
have 11-pin connectors on both ends.

However it may be too difficult to make a decent CW rig out of HW-12A.

73, Stu W6CUX