Sb 401

Bob And Bettina Groh rgroh at SWBELL.NET
Thu Nov 3 01:18:43 EST 2005

Found a couple of sources for 'dial cord' - the stuff you are refering
to - I keep a couple of small packages of the stuff around as you seem
to need it for a lot of the older radios.

http://www.radiodaze.com/dialbelts.htm
They have 0.030" diameter in rolls of 25 ft for only $3.75 per roll
(very inexpensive)
Black no-stretch nylon over fiberglass core
Also heavier 0.040" diamter

http://www.tubesandmore.com/
Antique Radio Supply has 'dial drive cable' listed on page 69 in their
latest catalog
0.028" diameter black no stretch nylon over a fiberglass core - PN S-M75
$1.00 per ft

http://www.dialcover.com/components.html
Has dial cord in two diameters and very inexpensive (20 feet for $1.50)
Also has a 'dial cord rosin mix' for increasing the 'traction'
Plus a lot of other neat stuff.

So there you are. I suggest you pick one of these and buy some - frankly
I would go with one the less-expensive places (Antique Radio used to be
pretty inexpensive but no job there now) and buy a couple of rolls for
your stock.

73 de WA2CKY
Bob Groh