Replacement ID-1290 Reed Switches for Weather Station

Paul Havlik wd9iok at SBCGLOBAL.NET
Sun Nov 20 03:08:36 EST 2005

Heath Experts:

I'm looking for some help in obtaining replacement reed switches for my ID-1290 Weather Station, specifically Heath Part # 65-49.  I've had a number of them die and finally burned up all the spares.  I've checked on Mouser and not being a EE, I know they operate in an AC circuit but their dimensions are a bit smaller than the Heath design (1/2" from COTO vs. 3/4" for the Heath).  Not sure if the Mouser-COTO Part RI-21AA or RI-21A would do the job and would appreciate any guidance.  Station has worked great for 32 years and would like to keep it running along.

Thanks for all the ideas over the years from this great group of Heath supporters as I've been a silent viewer learning quite a bit from all the help provided on all the ham gear from Heath that I have.

Regards,

Paul Havlik
WD9IOK