SB-610/303 CONNECTIONS

Stu Lyon w6cux at EARTHLINK.NET
Sun Nov 20 20:36:21 EST 2005

Heytubeguy wrote:

>Just received a SB-303 and  a  SB-610 scope.  If I want to 'see' received signal on the scope from the 303, what connection(s) do I use on the back of the 303.  Help greatly appreciated,  Joe

Hi Joe,
It's not that easy!! First off, the SB-610 must have the right IF
transformers for the -303's IF frequency (3394KHz), which it probably
does. Second there is no back-of-the-panel connection on the -303 for
the -610. You must get inside to pick up the output of the IF strip just
before the detector. And third, the SB-610 manual describes that the
monitor is "for any tube-type receiver". The -303 may have too low an
output to run the -610 without further amplification.

Most do not use the receiver function of the SB-610 because of its
limited usefullness in measuring the performance of a far-off
transmitter. Page 34 of the -610 manual warns about the receiver
changing the characteristics of the received signal. However, the SB-610
is a very fine transmitter monitor.

A shortened SB-610 manual is at:
ftp://bama.edebris.com/bama/heath/sb610/  sb610.djvu

73, Stu W6CUX