SB-101

Darwin D. Geiselbrecht GeiselD at AOL.COM
Wed Oct 5 16:43:20 EDT 2005

In a message dated 10/5/2005 8:55:03 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
aa9nf at YAHOO.COM writes:

I picked up a real nice sb-101 at  the grayslake, il
hamfest.  The receiver is working fine.   The
transmitter does not produce full output on all bands.

80 meters  - 10 watts
40 meters - 4 watts
20 meters - 110 watts
15 meters - 105  watts
10 meters - 18 watts

I've cleaned the bandswitch twice.   The high voltage,
low voltage, bias voltage and idling current are ok.
Not sure what to do next and would appreciate  some
advice.

73,
Pete
aa9nf

It sounds like just an alignment of the driver coils.  They are used  in
various combinations of standalone and parallel such that some  coils are used on
more than one band. So the order of  aligning them outlined in the manual must
be followed.  Just trying to peak  each one will produce the kind of symptoms
you are seeing. Hope that helps. 73 -  Darwin K5DOA