HM-102 & HM-2103 question

Greg Boye greg at BOWSER.COM
Tue Oct 25 13:22:10 EDT 2005

Just picked up an HM-2103 wattmeter/dummy load a few weeks back.  The other night, the variable capacitor arc over and now needs to be replaced.  Just wondering if anyone has replace this part lately and if so, where did you get it from?

Now to my next question, I seem to remember that the variable capacitor is adjusted on the HM-102's to calibrate the SWR function but its been 25 years ago since I last touched an HM-102.  But, I am wondering what is it used for on the HM-2103 since they just read forward power and not SWR?   Just wondering if someone might have an HM-2103 manual as I would like to see what is mentioned about this capacitor and its adjustment.   Did Heath used the same PC board in the HM-2103 and the HM-102's?

Thanks,
Greg W8NGA
Grove City, Ohio