Inductor 40-1925? Looking for info

John H. Klingelhoeffer WB4LNM at AOL.COM
Sat Oct 29 20:46:57 EDT 2005

I know this is sort of a 'reverse' question, but let me post it,  anyway.

Anyone know what a 40-1925 inductor was used in, and what it's specs  are?

This is a small, shielded 7mm size transformer (5 leads, 4 active), with a
primary and secondary winding.  Much like the inductors used in the VF-2031
(which used a 40-1926, so entered the inventory in the same time frame- probably
 around 1978) and the much earlier HW-2021.  No apparent internal  tuning
capacitor - must have been external.

Guess I'd just like to know if it was for 455 kHz or 10.7 MHz and what the
transformation ratio is.  Yes, I can do the measurements and figure it out,
but better to ask than to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks to all in advance.  I'm cleaning up the junque boxe and want to  know
if it's worth keeping or not.

John...
WB4LNM
"One of the Hams from Heath" (1979-1981)