Black Screws

Charles W. Morehouse w4gbw at BELLSOUTH.NET
Tue Sep 6 07:43:17 EDT 2005

Hi Rob,
They were some kind of treated steel as they seemed to rust easily.
Have been replacing them in my restorations with the treated stainless
hardware.
In the past have used new zinc plated steel and paint them black
Drilled holes in a small block of wood, screw the screws in and paint
satin black  I bake them in the oven at 170 degrees..  This looks great
and seems to last OK.  73.
Wayne,
W4GBW